Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Working On The Little House In The Ozarks -- May 15

I planted the pink yarrow and lambsear this morning
on the west side of the house.

This rose bush is the neighbor to the plants I put in this morning.
I am not a rose person,
in fact I am an anti-rose person.
But he gets to stay (for now) because he is healthy and 
grudgingly beautiful.

And I planted all of the iris I brought from up north.

It might be hard to see, but a bird started to build a nest at the top 
of one of our porch arches.
I hope he gives it up, there is not much foundation for it to rest on.


2 comments:

  1. lol at those birds.......
    ya need to read about the persistent bird post on my blog

    love the plants

    I have several of those tiny roses
    well actually, a lot of roses
    they grow good in our soil, so they are go to plants for me
    and the knockouts bloom all summer long

    ReplyDelete
  2. my daughter in law has knockouts and she loves them. I don't like stickery plants of any kind, but the roses do seem to do well in this pitiful soil. the bird is still wasting his time with the nest thing, it falls to pieces as fast as he works on it

    ReplyDelete

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...