Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Working On The Little House In The Ozarks -- May 14


 So today I loaded up a bunch of dead bushes that I had
purchased from Lowe's last fall.  Even though they were
covered by leaves in south Missouri, they didn't make it through the winter.
(It was a tough winter.)
Note about getting a refund on dead plants at Lowe's:
-- having the receipt is super helpful (and I didn't),
but they manged to find the purchase because I had used a Lowe's credit card,
and knew the month that I had purchased them.
-- the "one year guarantee" is not good for clearance plants,
which are different than sale plants (which do have a guarantee).
I still managed to get $120 back

And I immediately spent $50 of the refund
on plants.  They were having a sale on perennials. 
So I bought (and planted the same day) six of these.
I watered them with my sweat.

And I bought three of lambs ears,
and three pink yarrow.
It is pretty fun to buy flowers for sun,
after thinking shade for 30 years.

2 comments:

  1. We have more sun than shade. I thought my poor new flowers were a gonner the other day. Watered on Tuesday. Didn't look at them again till Friday. But, they unwilted......... with a good drowning. Thank goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can return plants to Lowes even if you let them die?

    ReplyDelete

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...