Friday, May 4, 2018

Junking Marathon Thursday


 I travelled to Nebraska with a friend of mine 
(didn't get her picture at all!)
We stayed with my dad and his wife,
and my sister showed up Thursday to visit.
I love this photo, my dad is telling the dog to look at the camera!

 So, early Thursday morning we rolled out 
to hit my dad's bi-annual neighborhood garage sales.
Major threat of rain, so not as many open as usual.

 Remember, I am supposed to looking for outdoor stuff.
Because that is the only "junk" i am selling now.
So why did I get three stacks of plates?
Everybody knows dishes are not selling now.
But I got a set of six Audubon by Meakin.
To keep.  To use.

 And four old ironstone "flowy" blue.
Not to keep, but so gorgeous.
And actually 6 longaberger plates (not shown)
but gold, which I would like to use at our new house.

 An hour after arriving back home,
and getting unloaded from Nebraska ....
we had to do a pick up of  local on-line auction stuff I had won.
Like this giant carved morel mushroom. -- paid $13 for it.
I actually got some pretty awesome vintage outdoorsy
stuff from that auction, but we are keeping most of it.
So it stayed in (or on top of) the van,
which left with my husband this morning for our new southern property.

 Metal pot scrubber came from on-line auction, paid $6 for it.
Stack of quilt blocks came from Nebraska garage sale.
Bought for $10, sold for $29.

 In Nebraska I picked up this 
Danish? Flemish? Swedish?
vintage bonnet.  I was trying to show how it looked....

but there is only one way to show off the "wings".
Going on ebay sometime after we only have
one house to worry about.
Purchased for $1, sold for $10 on ebay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...