Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Working On The Little House In The Ozarks Day 28


 Besides doing some white on white painting,
I worked on the fire pit area today.
It is one of those secret gems that made us fall for the house.
I bought the fire box thingie at a garage sale last weekend for $10,
and that spurred me on.  Yesterday I cleaned out the inside
of the circle and leveled it.  Then my son carried 5 bags
of pea pebbles for me. Which I spread out today,
and it barely covered half.

 The stone circle is the old foundation of a silo.
It has such a cool "been there forever" look.

 Next door to the fire pit is this great old stone foundation
of a barn.  It will take a ton of work, but we are going
to turn it into an awesome outdoor seating area.

Bonus of being outside is taking in some of the wildlife.

2 comments:

  1. It's going to be a beautiful peaceful area and you'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you live in the country and can appreciate it, but this is a first for us. We just love all the new sights and the little sounds. LOVE IT

      Delete

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...