Thursday, April 12, 2018

Urban Snake Party

Warning: The photos below may be disturbing for those 
suffering from ophidiophobia.  You know who you are.

 I was standing very still watching honeybees on the
naturalized little blue flowers in my yard.
(First year in three that I have seen any honey bees!)
Then I noticed a little snake....
then another one....
and another one....
There were at least six having a little fun in the sun.

We are moving to a rural area,
but this is a good reminder that there is plenty
of wildlife right here in the city.

3 comments:

  1. Ewww... so glad I read this on my phone and the pictures are too small to see! Totally creepy.
    Snakes (and deep, cold water) are the stuff of my nightmares!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like snakes. I'll leave the little ones like that alone, but if they have a triangle head........well, I do my best to make sure they don't live to scare me another time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they don't really creep me out, but 6+ together was a bit too slithery for even me. i was glad they were having a nice time though.

      Delete

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...