Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Easy Upgrade To $10 Walmart Curtain Rods

 We continue to hemorrhage money for the new house.
Yesterday I spent....well, alot.... for a new bed.
So when I was looking at purchasing four curtain rods today,
I definitely felt poor.  After checking Lowe's,
Home Depot, Target, Kohl's and Bed Bath & Beyond I dreaded the thought
that I might have to shell out between $22-$45 per curtain rod.  
Then I went to Walmart.  $10 per curtain rod.
But look closely at the above photo and you can see why.
Plastic finials. Sigh.

So I purchased my $7  go-to Rustoleum Metallic Spraypaint,,
this time in Flat Burnished Amber.  Love this stuff.
After a couple hours the cheesy plastic finials
looked like a million bucks
(or at least like $22 bucks).
#easyupgrade

3 comments:

  1. I love painting things to make them look better. .......I know all about hemorrhaging money on projects. Right now it's the lumber for the new raised beds for my small garden and a flower bed.

    Then need to get back on finishing the master bath and kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. everything costs so darn much money. especially lumber! bought some for base board and quarteround -- it really added up fast. good luck on your raised beds, be careful of your back.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful upcycle--gotta love spray paint! That metallic paint really transformed your curtain rods! Thank you for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...