Thursday, March 8, 2018

Working On The Little House In The Ozarks Day 5


Finally, some real progress.  Cory and Dustin (aka handymen) showed up today.  They did not break out in cursing or run out of the house screaming when I told them everything I wanted them to do in the living/dining area. Today they removed the kerosene monster heater that took up so much space in the living room area.

They also removed both hideous ceiling fans from the dining and living areas (many more left in the house); and most importantly -- they did the fourth and final ceiling coat in both of those areas.  Something is done, COMPLETED!

I kept out of their way by prepping the guest room for painting. Cleaning the walls and painting Kilz on any unsightly wall stains.  I hope it airs out before I sleep in there tonight.

The heating/cooling guy showed up to give us an estimate on an upstairs split unit heater / AC.  There never has been ANY heat or AC upstairs (hard to imagine) and we want that to be the master bedroom.  He left with a down payment, and a promise of a March installation date.

As if that wasn't enough ... the hardwood floor refinisher guy came as well.  He did not take my money, but did leave with a promise of a March completion date.  Woohoo.

No, I am not done yet.  (Hard to handle all this excitement for someone like me, who has had oatmeal two dinners in a row.) Our neighbors (from our northern home) are in town for a basketball tournament and "camping" in the upstairs (with no heat or beds, remember?)  Our first out of town guests!
Whew, it will be hard to top day like that.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great deal of work is going on and will be done in the next few weeks. Yea! Glad you are getting the project moving on.
    Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...