Monday, November 27, 2017

My Favorite Antique Christmas Ornament


 I mentioned before that it has been several years since I
have put up a Christmas tree. My daughter-in-law
offered to help me hang our antique Christmas ornaments this year.
It had been so long since I have seen these beauties, that I kept
oohing and aahing as we unpacked each little treasure.
Like the icicle above with four indents.
It has to be my favorite.

 I have several of the teardrop ornament on the left.
And several of the gold indent on the right.
I love both designs.  And I have several clip-on
bird ornaments.  This one may be my favorite.

 I have several grape cluster ornaments.
This one is interesting because it isn't opaque.
It may be my favorite.

Shiny Brites make my heart race,
and the clear ones are ... my favorite.
I love the old glass garlands,
and this interesting one is (you guessed it)
my favorite.

 This plastic UFO ornament was my mother's,
as was the multi-color garland in front of it.
Both are definitely -- my favorites.

 I have a special affinity for icicle ornaments,
and you may be surprised to hear --
this fragile twisted glass ornament is my favorite.

 Ten years ago I made several icicle ornaments from
old jewelry and broken mercury glass garland beads.
This one was my favorite.

I guess that is why people go to the effort of putting
up a tree year after year.
A joyous reunion with all of their favorite Christmas ornaments.

I am taking a blogging sabbatical now through all of December.
I'll be back in January.
An early "Merry Christmas" to all of  you.

3 comments:

  1. They are beautiful ornaments and look fantastic on the tree. We don't decorate because we have no family or friends coming for the holidays.

    Will catch you when you get back to blogging.

    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas back to you. Hope you are feeling 100%.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an absolutely beautiful tree and ornaments! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...