Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Last Saturday's Vintage Finds

So the 2017 "Junking Season" is coming to an end. 😢
I am not a big fan of winter, or having to go on a junking fast.
But last weekend I did a quick one-hour at a "real" auction,
and picked up some items from a local on-line auction.
With some mixed results.

This carnival glass bowl came from the local on-line auction.
You can't really tell from the on-line photos what the condition is,
unfortunately it does have a little chip.
But I only paid $2 for it.

A very early Sherlock Holmes card game,
again from the on-line auction.
Again, not knowing what the condition is --
and about 90% of the cards were missing.
(Paid $2, sold for $50 on ebay.)

Sewing basket.  Also from on-line auction.
Also with minor unforseen condition problems. 
But only paid $1.

I picked up FOUR of these gorgeous chairs 
at the hour I spent at the "real" auction.
$10 FOR THE SET.  SCORE.
You lose some, you win some.

1 comment:

  1. Whoa--great buy on those chairs! Love the bowl too :) Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...