Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Christmas Box Dioramas, Pt I

There's always one holiday art project that wraps me up,
that makes time stand still while I am working on it.

 
 Last year it was "Christmas in a Jar" Dioramas, like this one above
 (click here  to view that post).  Most of them sold for $16 each.
This year it was these Christmas Box Dioramas.
I used about every vintage box I could lay my hands on.
So many, that this will actually take up two posts.

 Deer friends in a cigar box.
The reindeer background was a page out of an old Christmas book.
Sold for $14.

 For this one I used a slightly imperfect sewing drawer.
The background was part of an ornament box.

 This is a very tiny old dovetailed box.
I found the tiny Merry Christmas tag in my stash.
(Well, all the Christmas doodads came from my stash,
and these dioramas about cleaned it out.)
Sold for $8.

 Last year I had all of these great Christmas light boxes,
complete with lights -- and none of them sold.
So this year I repurposed them into dioramas.
And they all sold for $18 each.

 Love the old lights on this one.

 I snapped up this little box of ornaments just last week
(and had to pay more than 25 cents.)
I knew it was the perfect size for my tiny nativity figures.

Tune in Friday for the next installment of dioramas.

5 comments:

  1. I like these. Great job on them.
    While I was laid up I organized all my junk jewelry
    I never realized how much stuff I have

    ReplyDelete
  2. are you doing anything "ChristmasY" with jewelry?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Naw. No kids and no grand kids. So I never got into xmas at all

    Hubby will have us deer hunting every possible hour pretty soon
    At least I can sit for a few hours now

    Besides where we hunt is several hundred acres. I hate for him to be in the woods by himself like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love dioramas and have one in my to-do-project list ;)
    Yours are darling! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all your efforts that you have put in this, It's very interesting Blog...
    I believe there are many who feel the same satisfaction as I read this article!
    I hope you will continue to have such articles to share with everyone!
    ตารางคะแนนบุนเดสลีกา

    ReplyDelete

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...