Monday, October 16, 2017

Painting A Buffet For A Friend



I went to an estate sale a few weeks ago and saw this funky little buffet. ( I know what you are thinking....she is not supposed to buy furniture. And you are so right!)  I actually didn't buy it, but it was the $100 price tag rather than clear thinking that saved me.

 I was attracted to the color and the art deco design on the doors (which I had already sanded off somewhat at the time of this photo.) But remember, it doesn't belong to me! Long story short, a friend of mine ended up purchasing it and didn't like the color or the art deco design as much as I did.  She asked me to paint it for her.  After sanding the design down, I painted the doors and top a light green to cover any stains or dark colors.

Then I did two thin coats of white with a paint that she had supplied.

A little distressing brought out some of the green underneath.
What a cute little piece she turned out to be!
I've christened her "Hettie".

3 comments:

  1. I was kinda liking the doors as they were too. But to each their own as they say. It looks lovely either way. I'm new here, but will be following along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the new color better; you did a lovely job. Those paneled doors look more timeless without the painting in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hettie is lovely! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...