Friday, September 22, 2017

Garden Windmill Repair

I bought this little beauty at the same estate sale where I purchased so many other treasures last weekend.  The windmill was leftover for the 50% OFF day because it was so damaged, so I managed to buy it for $10.  Many of the crossbar supports were dangling loose, which I had to bolt back into place.  All four horizontal ground supports were bent and twisted (I didn't do too much straightening, because I didn't want to weaken the metal.)

The tail and wheel were not original, but they were homemade and cool looking.  They needed to be reattached to each other, and then to the windmill stand.  I hope no one looks too closely, because now there is quite a hodgepodge of hardware holding it all together.

My favorite part of the windmill is the little wire ladder running all the way up the side of the windmill.  I can just picture a little tiny man scaling the side of the windmill to check the repairs.

3 comments:

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...