Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Major Work On Child's Vintage Easel Chalkboard

I picked up this little cutie for a song, otherwise I would not have messed with it.
There were no "graphics" left on the the winding window at the top, so I found one of the vintage posters that they now sell in all antique shops and cut it to size.  Much gluing, clipping and time later....only to discover I did it backwards!  argh  The above is a picture of it backwards.

More gluing, clipping and time passing.
I got the top part done.

Then I attached chains to both sides so that the
legs would stand up.

Then I repainted the chalkboard section.
So cute, so worth it.

6 comments:

  1. It turned out great. I hate it when I do something like that and have to take it apart.

    Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have one of those that I have had for years and it is going in my next yard sale
    need another one haha?
    I used mine once at my front door and wrote a note to welcome my friend for a party I was having

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can send it to me! That's a really cute item.

      Delete
  3. I love how this turned out! Thanks for sharing @Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great piece. I love how it turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanx for sharing your mistake; it will save some of us for doing the same thing! It casme out well.

    ReplyDelete

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...