Sunday, March 20, 2016

Missouri License Plate Empire Library Table -- Furniture Redo "JEFFERSON"

I bought this table way back in September or October, and did not get inspired to do anything with it because it had damage to the veneer on top. 

I love me some empire furniture, but damaged veneer really takes the wind out of my sails.

During my "license plate phase" when I was slapping license plates on everything, it occurred to me that I could plaster the top of this baby with license plates. 

Very manly looking, so I named this piece "Jefferson" (also after Missouri's capital city).

Once I decided to do that, things really got rolling.  I decided to use all Missouri plates (which I had on hand) in multi-colors.  I really like the finished product, and would probably do this simple fix to another damaged top.

1 comment:

  1. Love your unique and easy fix for a this time-worn piece--so colorful, too. Thanks SO much for linking up with Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...