Saturday, December 19, 2015

A Forest Of Aluminum Christmas Trees

How did you spend Black Friday?  I spent it assembling aluminum Christmas trees and watching my favorite football team lose (again). 

But, (on a thankful note) I am grateful that an amazing FIVE mid-century aluminum trees came my way this year. 

The smallest is a little "wall tree", which means it only has branches on one side.  You can shove it against a wall and it doesn't take up much room.  Big bonus on such a little tree:  pom pom branches.

Tree #4 is almost a pencil tree, made by Noma.  Noma was a local company known for lighting,  and really didn't make many aluminum trees.  Bonus for it:  it is in one piece, no assembly required.

The largest tree is a seven foot beauty.  100 plush branches.  A real show stopper.
Sold the 7 foot tree on ebay for $220.

It took me about five hours to get them assembled and priced.  I wanted to make sure that everything was really in the box for the next owner.  Plus, there is nothing like seeing them in all of their glory to make someone want to buy them.  The plan is to get all five fully-assembled trees (and their boxes) into my van and transported to my vintage booth on Tuesday.  After seeing the size of the seven footer, I may have to make 2 or 3 trips.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...