Thursday, November 26, 2015

2015 Edition Bleached Bottlebrush Trees

Last year I used a lot of rusty hardware on the bleached bottle brush trees.  This year I incorporated zinc canning lids, porcelain insulators, string balls and some kitschy ceramic pieces.  Here is the end result:


I did find a few more tin star reflectors, so I used them both last year and this year.  They are probably my favorite base for bottle brush trees because they have such a primitive look.

The deer are candleholders,
I stuck corks in the holes and
drilled holes in the cork to insert the trees.

Baby shoes crammed with a doile,
mercury glass bulbs, an angel
and a little bottle brush tree.

These I glued wooden spools in the bottom
and glued the trees into the hole of the spool.

Candle huggers now are tree huggers.
I have already sold so many of these that I have
had requests for more, but I have moved on to other projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...