Saturday, October 3, 2015

This Past Weekend's Vintage Finds 9.26.15

A quick review of last weekend's junking opportunities:

1. Friday morning garage sales.  I really only purchased one item of note, but what a great item it was!

25 FEET of vintage cowboy fabric!
Going on ebay!
Bought for $2, sold for $128.

2.  Friday night tiny town auction.  (click   here  to check our past adventures at this auction which takes place the last Friday evening of each month ). 

I took advantage of the fact that my husband was with me
to purchase some heavy junk. 

Besides this gorgeous woodburning stove,
I also picked up two old doors, two ladders...
 
 and a very cool old record player.

I looked so skinny in my shadow,,,,
I wish it were closer to reality.
 
3.  Saturday morning we got up early (unloaded) and took a roadtrip to a small town (surrounded by wind turbines) that was having a city-wide garage sale.  We bought two more doors at a garage sale, while someone was watching us load they mentioned they had 11 more doors at a farm shed - DONE. 

So we netted 15 old doors total for the weekend! 

The shed also produced this perfectly rusty old wagon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...