Sunday, August 23, 2015

Saturday's Junking Marathon including Fur & Feathers Flea 8.22.15

I knew that it was going to be a hectic morning -- that was without pre-planning the church fundraiser auction.  My husband went with me, and did a ton of the packing / unpacking.  But overall, we actually were more relaxed than you would suppose.  All of the following was bookended (is that a word?) by great garage sales.

SWAP MEET -- A small town near us hosts this twice a year (see post "Fur, Feathers & Flea Finds" here from this spring).  We love the quaintness of it.  We love the animals.  We love the people.  We love the junk. 

The fur and feathers refer to the variety of animals
 that are sold in addition to...
 
yummy treats and good junk.

Here is my husband unsuccessfully haggling over these two columns.
He is holding the Red Wing pitcher, which was one of my few purchases.
 
We see a lot of the same people here each year.
Our friend Janet made several trips to her van with loot.
 
Yes, I tried (and failed) to negotiate
for the cute rusty chairs.
 
This young man is a friend of ours,
he raises different types of birds.
 
Lots of fun, but not a lot of deals.
So time to move on down the road...
  
WEEKLY SATURDAY MORNING TINY TOWN AUCTION began at 9 am, so we had to hustle.  I was disappointed with what was being offered inside the building, and not seeing a whole bunch outside to trip my trigger (I did mange to get a few things, including the wire baskets!)  Then, in the opening announcements, the auctioneer said his son was doing a church fundraiser auction at 10 am.  Time to drop back and punt!
 
CHURCH FUNDRAISER AUCTION was entertaining for a variety of reasons.  (Air conditioning and nice bathrooms were two good reasons.)  Auctioning of baked goods, gift certificates and produce were some other good reasons. 
 
We managed do all of the above and get home by 1:00 PM!  
Tune in to see the treasures we reaped.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...