Thursday, August 27, 2015

Nanette the Hard Working Secretary -- Furniture Redo

I'm enjoying making some purchases from local on-line auctions.  Shopping from bed, picking up my loot a couple weeks later.
 
This cute little secretary was acquired through that route.
The on-line auction service I buy from takes very few
photos of their items (mostly blurry), so it is hard to know exactly what
shape the item is actually in.

This piece surprised me with a foot that
had damage, and some damage to the interior of the desk drawer.
 
                              But, I bid low based on the fact that I couldn't look
at the piece in person.  So it was still worth the whopping $24 that was
the winning bid.
 
I spraypainted the interior this great shade of celery green.
It was easier to get all the nooks and crannies.
 
 
I painted the exterior white, but some of the dark
stain underneath bled through.
 
So, I lightly distressed the entire piece.
Added one coat of clear wax and buffing (I hate buffing).
One coat of light brown wax and more hateful buffing.
 
I named her Nanette after a street in St Joseph, MO.

1 comment:

  1. What a great makeover! Please come and share! I would love it if you would join in on my Making Broken Beautiful party! It starts 6:00pm (MST) this Thursday September 10 and I would love to have you join up each week!
    Smiles for a great week!
    Terry
    (http://thecuratorscollection.wordpress.com)

    ReplyDelete

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...