Monday, June 29, 2015

Flea Market Whimp

I am not a pioneer woman.  Sure, I can take an hour shopping outside in a flea market.  But setting up shop at the same flea market, knowing the weather will not remain ideal is daunting.  (Ideal for me is that thin area between 70-72 degrees). 

The Rusty Chandelier has three parking lot sales per year and I decided to jump on board the June bandwagon, which was last Saturday.  I have had a very crowded back porch, and do not have a lot of indoor booth space to put furniture in.  I really needed to get rid of some stuff.

It wasn't a bad weather day.  85 degrees and sunny.  But when you are sitting on blacktop --even with an EZ-UP tent-- it just is not for the faint of heart.  (The faint of heart being ME.) 

The crowd was very sparse all day -- probably owing to the fact that it wasn't raining for once. 

Still I managed to make some money, visit with some fun people and get rid of some items.  Some items I literally gave away, but the idea was to get rid of stuff.

Due to the fact that I do not like to sweat, I will not be participating in another flea market.  But it did help me appreciate the vendors that I purchase from...

and the people who organize the flea markets.  (Kate, pictured above with her son, did a great job organizing the event.)

Lastly, it certainly gave me fresh resolve to be selective in my purchases.  Enough said.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...