Monday, May 18, 2015

"Wahoo" Antique Wash Stand -- Furniture Redo

I bought this cute antique wash stand from Cindy in Lincoln.  I confess to a weakness for antique wash stands.  The little door...the size...the decades of use that they have survived.  Plus I love empire style dressers, and this had that wonderful curved top drawer.

I painted it an off-white.  There were stains on top that seeped through the paint.  So I distressed and then added a coat of light brown wax.  It was a little streaky and a little too dark. 

So I buffed a little clear wax on the areas that were too brown. (I know, I should have done the clear wax first).  It never really lightened up as much as I would have liked.

I had purchased these four old brass knobs at a garage sale a couple weeks ago for $1.  They were still hanging out in my purse, so I knew right where to find them.

I used a green DIY chalk paint with good ol' Behr paint for the interior of the drawers.

Overall I'm pretty happy with it -- naming it "Wahoo" after it's birthplace.
Resurrected to a new life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...