Thursday, May 28, 2015

Memorial Day City-Wide Garage Sale

A small town near us had their city-wide garage sale on Memorial Day.  Probably because of threat of rain there were fewer sales than normal, but the same hoard of shoppers.  I took my son along, who was home for the weekend and we had a good time together.

On the second lap around the little town I had about given up on finding anything exciting.  Then I noticed a garage open that was tucked away and didn't have the sign out yet -- this was the one that I was looking for.  No one else had noticed it yet.  Except for some books that I bought for my son, everything else came from this single sale.

Signed four color 1851 woven coverlet, stunning.  Going on ebay soon.
Purchased for $10, sold for $125.

Perhaps this was the old bed frame that the coverlet graced. Not sure how to market that.  It weighs a ton...

for now it is resting in my shed.
 
Two cool old balls of twine.
(Even she is intimidated by them.)
 
Red wheelbarrow,
 
so I can make one of my famous triple stacks. 

Tall wooden ladder that I had my husband cut into two sections.  

Walking stick / yard stick combo with great Ford advertising.  Also heading for ebay.
Purchased for $2, sold for $16.

Box of doorknobs to die for, probably another ebay candidate.  
Purchased them all for $5, sold for $125.

One good sale is all it takes!

1 comment:

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...