Wednesday, April 15, 2015

4.11.15 Saturdays Swap Meet Vintage Finds

This is kind of part two of the Fur & Feathers blog post, click here to read it.  We came home with about half of a load, which is pretty good.  But last year was great pickings, click here to see that post.  Still, we managed to snag a good assortment.

Lots of nice metal items which will do great in my
outdoor space by the Rusty Chandelier.
 
The little blue striped oil can on the right is darling
In addition to the metal loot, I also purchased three
old yellow wooden boxes and an ancient trunk:
 

I painted one of the two larger wood boxes for contrast,
and to cover some "magic marker markings".
 
They still looked a little plain,
so I added these old license plates which I had laying around.
 
I loved the primitive old trunk with original chipping green paint.
It needs a little cleaning, and maybe some clear wax.
 
On the front of it you can barely make out a name --
"Rottermann".  Hopefully the cleaning and wax will
help highlight it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...