Monday, January 19, 2015

My Vintage Peanut Butter Jar Collection

It is a meager collection.  A humble collection.  One that I may never add to.  One that is virtually worthless.  My Sessions peanut butter jar collection.

When I was growing up I was a very picky eater.  But I never snubbed a PB&J sandwich.  My thrifty mother bought huge jars of Sessions School Days peanut butter.  I practically lived off the stuff.  I don't know if it was just sold in the Midwest, but when I left for college I had to adopt other brands.  By the time I was married and settled, School Days PB was gone. 

Then I came across a huge old box of PB jars.  I made a small fortune selling most of the jars.  But I couldn't part with the School Days jars.  Only one had a label.  A few years later my dad had a small garage sale, and one of the items he was getting rid of was a large old School Days jar!  I added them to my pantry storage jars (see blog here),  and it makes me smile to see them.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome. I have a similar fixation with Velvet Peanut Butter jars (Detroit) though I've purchased all of mine at estate sales. Most peanut butter jars can be had cheaply at estate sales. Finding them is the main challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...