Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Salvaged Wood Holiday Garlands & A Card Hanger

I threw together four holiday garlands, three mostly with wooden bits. 

The four wood garlands started out with a vintage rag roll "string". 

Perfect size to fit through the wooden beads and wooden "wheels" (which I have two huge baskets of -- and still really don't know their original purpose or what they were salvaged from.) 

 
The metal letters were the remnants of my collection -- thus the misspelling of "brite".  For some of the others I turned the letters around and glued the paper letters that I wanted to the back.  Nice, chunky and neutral.





The last garland I may not sell.  I used a thinner string and tied little doodads and buttons along the length.  For now I clipped "JOY" to the center with vintage candle clips.  I have a ton more of these candle clips so the plan is to use the garland and clips to hang Christmas cards when they start arriving.

FA LA LA LA LA.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...