Tuesday, November 25, 2014

November's Vintage RED Garage Sale Finds

I live in a smaller town where garage sales pretty much shut down for the winter beginning in November.  It was a nice surprise to have a moving sale advertised, and a nicer surprise that it was over 40 degrees the morning of the sale.  Here are some of the (mostly red) things I picked up:

Another sled!  This one brings the hoarding count to 10 for the year. I've actually sold more than half of those, so it is not as bad as it sounds.  This one was already decorated and naturally aged.

Ice skates (not red, but winter).  Don't you love it when you find items in the "right" season?

The red hard plastic teapot holding the salt & pepper shakers had a note attached: 
"Very old.  I won this in a bingo game in 1959."  Love provenance. 

Cool little chippy wood Coke crate --
 
with great patina.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...