Thursday, September 11, 2014

Two Door Cabinet -- Furniture Redo 9.8.14

I picked up this cute little cabinet or small sideboard on Labor Day:

You can see it peeking out behind the van
on it's arrival home.
 
It started out with some stains on the top,
but great lines and lots of potential.
 
Thinking about Christmas season rolling around I decided to paint it with
 Cottage Green Chick (chalk) Paint.  I did two coats.
I sanded some to distress.
 
I always like some contrast to the interior.
So I gave it two coats of "Antique Lace" (creamy ivory). 
I decoupaged some maps to the bottom interior --
the colors tied together the inside and outside.
 
 
I also changed the wood knobs out for a couple of antique filigree brass knobs.
I always imagine the piece of furniture being excited about starting a new life --
resurrected.
 

2 comments:

  1. Great job, this piece is so lovely. I just happened on your post via another blog and am excited to go see some more of your posts.
    You had me at 'Cottage Green'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your kind praise. (Cute baby!) Sharon

    ReplyDelete

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...