Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Lincoln Road Trip For Vintage Finds 9.18.14 Fall Edition

My dad lives in Lincoln, NE and twice a year his neighborhood hosts area yards sales which I try to attend.  This is the fall edition.

I snapped this photo of my dad last weekend in his workshop.
He is 89 years old and always has a project going.
And yes, that is his smart phone attached to his belt.

I stopped in to visit my Lincoln friend Cindy Wednesday night and bought a lot from her.  I had to unload at my dad's house so that I would have room for junk on Thursday. On Thursday I ended up getting one or two things here and there at the neighborhood sales -- like rain drops, they eventually added up.  I actually had to leave a few things at dad's house until next time. 

My favorite find and probably the only keeper - a circa 1920s piano or banker's lamp. 

I love the tag that they stuck on it.

Heavy.  Great patina.  Altogether lovely.

 
I bought several small and light pieces of furniture --
exactly the kind of pieces I want to focus on.
They say confession is good for the soul: I also bought a large cabinet.  The pierced side inserts seduced me.  Where were the voices  of reason?  (Apparently they couldn't come because they had a doctor appointment and had to work).  No one to remind me that I am not buying large pieces of furniture anymore.  I talked someone into buying it from me while it was still in the van -- PTL.  I didn't even get a chance to take a photo of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...