Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Leaving Bids At A Local Auction 7.26.14

We were at a family reunion in Nebraska this past weekend.  We had a great time, but I was a little disappointed to be missing a good local auction.  Only two blocks from my house.  But my friendly local auctioneer said I could leave some bids.  I took photos so he would know exactly what I was leaving bids on, and here they are:

vintage wash stand - great lines

floor fan with great base

enamel top mid-century table

pair of antique stoneware planters

Ozark touristware pottery -- which I collect

vintage chalkboard needing TLC

newer Christopher Radko ornaments

funky pottery hanging light probably California made

So, was I able to purchase any of them in absentia?  A couple.  It sounded like things at the auction went pretty high.  I got the white washstand and the Ozark tourist pottery.  And -- Mr. Auctioneer threw in a cute little side table for me that was left behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...