Monday, May 26, 2014

Auction Finds From Sunday 5.18.14 -- Furniture Redo "Juanita"

I skipped church on Sunday (something I very rarely do) to attend TWO auctions.  Neither were awesome, but the weather was.  It was one of those rare spring days -- light breeze, sunny but not hot.  A great day to sit around and take in an outdoor auction.

The teal green table was a rare steal, with lots of age and character (like me;).  It was in great shape, all I had to do was touch up the "skirt" with paint.



 
I did a sample "color match" at Home Depot.  It turns out their sample sizes are on sale this week for $1.95!  So I picked up three other colors as well...

 
I am naming the table "Juniata".  I feel a teensy bit guilty claiming to resurrect a piece of furniture after only adding a little paint on the underside. 

My favorite find of the day was the Madonna figure.  I am not Catholic, but the Mary statue was so sweet.  I love the pair of pictures as well.

This chalkboard had some scratches --
nothing that a quick coat of chalkboard paint couldn't cure.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...