Thursday, April 3, 2014

What To Do With The Junking Leftovers?

During the average week of junking, items come into my possession that I don't want personally, and that I can't sell.  A big box marked $2 when you only want the one little thing.  A whole table full at an auction when you just wanted the one piece.  What to do with the leftovers?  Here is what I do with some of mine.

All of these earrings came with the Soviet Union earrings I wanted at the auction last Saturday.  I spent an evening putting them on cards to take to the Grace House in St Joseph.  This is the season when a lot of girls are getting their prom dresses there, and these would make great accessories.

I bid on a couple pieces of doll furniture and these baby dolls came with it.  I washed their clothes and cleaned them so some little girl could give them some love.

This is the baby clothes section of the Grace House.  The Grace House GIVES AWAY clothing, shoes, housewares and bedding to the needy in the
St. Joseph, Missouri community.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...