Monday, April 28, 2014

4.24.14 Junkin' Buying Trip To Nebraska

My dad and his wife live in Lincoln and twice a year their area hosts a neighborhood garage sale.  I try to make the drive so that I can have a visit with him, visit my friend Cindy that lives close to him, go to the garage sales, and a no brainer...go to Valentino's Pizza.
     This spring Katie was able to break away to go with me -- we are usually only gone for 24 hours.  We managed to fit in a lot of buying and eating into one trip.

We visited Cindy on Wednesday night.
Cindy works for an auction company/
has similar "junk taste" to mine /
picks some great junk for resale.
Three things I admire about her!
As if this isn't enough,
I admired her great display combining two
 of my faves - an old window and old photos.

The photographs are of "adopted" family members.

We also drooled over this fantastic bird cage.
The red wall color really made it pop.

Katie showing off a few of her treasures.
She seemed to be drawn to a certain color...

My favorite purchase of the day.
A Simplicity Mannequin doll and
dress form from the 1940s. 

She has such a beautiful, serene
expression.  Ebay bound.
I paid $8 for the doll, she sold for $49 on ebay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...